Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holy Ground

Just as I was stashing the word 'rude' back in the closet, telling myself not to use it so often on my adversaries, it came jumping right out of its hiding place!...Today they came over to visit my in laws, and well the usual took place, the snubbing, my mil trying to be 'fair' and 'diplomatic' (but of course failing at all attempts, only to display her lack of maturity and wisdom in dealing with problem people; then again a huge part of the problem is her...) and all the blah blah blahs.
Anyway I was bringing out a plate of hot food from the kitchen, when my 'sis' in law, not watching where she was going, bumped into me. Of course before she could knock me entirely I cried out "Aduh! Aduh! Aduh!" (The indonesian slang of "Oh no!") Then she was shocked herself, so she braked, and the only thing that happened was my leg being hit. Of course, being raised in a normal way, I expected her to apologise for being the cause of the 'traffic accident' but then all I heard was some clicking noises made by her tongue before she walked away....what do you call that, a 'hit-and-run' or a road bully? I was completely taken aback, and so very simply I label her actions as RUDE...(it might be an understatement but God knows better...)

Not long after, maybe like 10 minutes after my mishap, she was carrying a bowl of soup from the kitchen, and 'CLANK' she dropped it together with all its contents, and so the poor two maids got to clean up again, and the guests were startled, and I have to re-cook the soup. However, I could see the humiliation on her face when I was the one who volunteered to re-cook the soup from my mil.. For your information, the place where she dropped the soup, was the same place she knocked me without saying 'sorry'....that's why I think God might have intervened, HE always defend His children, He would not let them be bullied. If so, then that same spot would be 'HOLY GROUND' right?....Whatever it is, just like any child who rejoices when the witch is defeated, when good prevails over evil....I felt like that. Thank You God:)

No comments: