Friday, December 19, 2008

Just for the BIG GUY

I was so appalled today, annoyed and angry but then again slightly ecstatic cause I exposed someone's lie! Anyway, my mil is supposed to be recouperating (more like nursing her outrageous mood swings) and on a very strict diet. She chooses to still eat only porridge, (despite passing her one month anniversary ever since she was announced unfit), abstaining from tofu and all bean products, fried foods and such. Only 2 days ago, I cooked tofu for the family and then I asked her if she is able to eat tofu already, she said coldly, "no" nothing more. Ok I thought, I didn't want to ask in the first place but it seemed so critical that I did then, like the little voice in me saying, "ask her" So I did and I got my answer. It didn't bother me, I am quite used to her inconsistent behaviour by now.

Today, her other daughter in law, who strikes such similar resemblance as her, in terms of character and attitude sent some fried tofu over for her...guess what? Yup, she ate it, she ate one whole big piece. Of course I had to ask, "so you can eat tofu now?" she nodded, I could see her humiliation just answering my question. (Thank God, that means that she still has got potential for being convicted of her wrong actions, in this case lying! she was just snubbing me thats why she refused to eat what I cook for her.)

I was rather angry, but then now after thinking it through, I don't feel the anger anymore, just the sweet feel of victory...I can sleep at night, cause I tried my best cooking for her, and ensuring that she gets the best from me, but I don't think she can have her forty winks tonight....cause God gives rest to those He loves....(she just don't understand that He loves her too that's why)

I was just telling my husband about this and I told Him, that the only thing keeping my spit away from her food is my God....I do this for Him and Him only....and I can reap peace from it even though appreciation is not at the other end of the rod. Thank you Lord for the peace You have given me. I love You and need You so much in my life.

No comments: