Thursday, December 18, 2008

I love you Lord

Today, on my way back from work....we drove past the highway, it was around 6pm just when the sun was setting. I found myself face to face with an impeccable view of the skyline....the orange and red blends, together with the greyish background....and all the city lights just being lit up....it was beautiful...Such beauty reminded me of the Creator....how amazing the works of His hands are. Thank you Jesus.

I began to think about how the Lord has changed me as a person, I am far from perfect, I may not have come a long way, but I have covered some distance, I may still be weak, but I have found strength to pick myself up each time, I may still be afraid on so many occassions, but the confidence comes along whenever I reach a turning point. I can see now, though not that far away, of how I want to raise my girls, and how I want to live my life. It will be done with Jesus.
I have continually been amused and impressed with what my God can do, I am proud of my Jesus.

I am continually surrounded by negatives, by people trying to pinpoint my faults, by people who try to make little problems big, by people who boast at their ant sized achievements and yet hide your merits or take credit for something they did not do...all the politics, all the pretense, and all the hypocricy....if its not for my God, I would have broken down. However, today I thank Him for the peace that I have, for the love that I found, and for the friendship that I have kept along the way, despite my current situation.

After I pen down this, after I leave this family shelter (which is our bedroom) I would be faced with the undesirable again, the discomforts of a non-home, the stiff and reluctant conversations and the fake cordiality...but for now, I am thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: